http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=4316350785635987648 Cave Dwellings: LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN…..
Cave Dwellings

Buckhorn Creek, Lake O' The Pines, Jefferson, TX

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN…..

Yesterday was Den’s last day in the corn, playing Old McDonald….The harvest is complete…and do you know what this means???? YES!!!! As soon as Dennis gets the OK from his Cardio Doc on the 28th…and as soon as we have our Bon Voyage lasagna dinner with the kids here on Oct. 30th….WE HAVE LIFTOFF!!!!! We are hoping to “put the hammer down” sometime the first week of November…barring any unforeseen problems and the creek don’t rise…(fingers crossed, eyes crossed, legs crossed, toes crossed..Hey, that toes part isn’t easy when Arthur It is grabs hold of them!)

Our son, Kelly, brought their car over to our house to change the brakes…I ‘m sure he though McGuyver would be around in case he needed a little assistance, but he wasn’t….and I don’t know the right end of a lugnut….

100_8481

 

 

Kelly managed to find all McGuyver’s tools, of which we have a garage full,  and he successfully completed his job as a gear head…without Den’s help…Of course I knew he could, he learned from the master…..

 

 

 

I have been getting the Hiker ready to jet, little bits at a time….First…the calendar….100_8490

100_8482100_8483100_8486

…getting stuff in the cupboards,  making sure candles are ready to go…making sure we have all of the important stuff…

100_8477

 

 

 

THIS ISN’T WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE…THIS IS FOR MEDICINAL PURPOSES ONLY….

(OK, KENNY AND ANGELA, SAM AND DONNA, RICK AND PAULETTE, SUE AND DOUG, AL AND KELLY, NELLIE AND JONATHAN, AND ALL OF YOU FELLOW BLOGGERS…

      YOU CAN STOP SMIRKING NOW!!!!!!

 I have been getting our “traveling menagerie” prepared too….

100_8484100_8487100_8488

Left is Nomad…he started in the Cougar with us..and no, he does NOT sleep with us…

Middle pic…I have no names for these guys, but they like to sit by the fireplace.  I have to watch them closely when we have our popcorn in there, especially the goose. He’s pretty fast at getting his share.

Last, is Mr. Moose.  He is a grumpy old curmudgeon who hates the Arizona desert.  Normally he looks OUT the window when we are in the woods,  but when we are in the desert, he turns his back on the window and pouts..I don’t know why we put up with him.

100_8495100_8496

Some of us are getting stuff in their closet…..And some of us haven’t even started yet…. I can see I’m gonna have to kick some serious McGuyver booty into gear!!!

I have been laying out some of my new ensemble that I purchased especially for this trip…

100_8491

 

 

 

 

 

 

I AM VERY ANXIOUS TO WEAR THESE NEW HAPPY PANTS…

 

 

AND……I HAVE JUST THE RIGHT SOCKS TO GO WITH THEM….

 

100_8492

NO???? WHY NOT????

Our Tiger Eye Sumac is looking absolutely fabulous, all decked out for the autumnal season.

100_8469100_8470

But I really need to have a long talk with my Iris…They should be all dried up and gone by now, but they have their seasons mixed up…They will regret their decision to hang around next week…

100_8473

These Iris should take a hint from my Sedum…..He knows it’s time to throw in the towel until next spring….What a sad sight this dude is….And Mr. Blue Spruce ,in our front yard, cannot WAIT for the snow to fall, so he can be kept busy providing shelter for all of the Blue Jays and Cardinals who look for a warm, snuggly spot to sleep in the winter…

100_8474

100_8471

I REALLY NEED TO TALK TO HIM ABOUT HIS FACIAL HAIR….

Well, we have had another nice run of days here in Northern Illinois. Tonight McGuyver is grilling pork steaks for dinner, but we are going to have a campfire first.  We are toasting the end of this year’s harvest, but then, we don’t need any reason to celebrate…We have life to celebrate….and should do so every single day of our lives….See ya soon, and thanks for tolerating my sick humor, yet again….

9 comments:

  1. Yep, I used to drink that stuff for medicinal purposes as well but when I finally got rid of the medicinal I finally got a purpose.
    We're doing the same kind of packing you are, happy pants & all. Our target date is still Nov. 6th. Sure will be great to be back on the road again heading for the southwest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really good news, looks like I will be the one guy with a snow shovel in my hand out of all of us, That will take a full shot of annisette to warm the coffee up. Be safe out there. Sam & Don

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smirk, smirk!! Medicinal purposes? Yeah, right!

    Dennis' clothes closet looks like mine and we're away camping right now. Just the clothes on my back are all I need!

    Fun times getting all packed up and ready to go! Enjoy your dinner tonight - sounds yummy!!

    And yes, after not thinking we needed one - I just love our 5'ers fireplace!! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Emma would make short order of your stuffed traveling companions. She'd certainly be willing to give that grumpy moose a shake so he gets his priorities adjusted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Were not smirking the doc put us on the same meds how could that be.

    We can't wait to get in the back seat with you guys and hit the road.

    Hope you and Angela don't start picking on me and Dennis right off the bat.

    Can't we all just get along this year?

    ReplyDelete
  6. NOT GONNA HAPPEN, KENNY...DENNIS IS USUALLY THE FODDER FOR MY BLOGS....AND YOU COULD BE AS WELL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the 'happy pants' and the 'sox'..oh and the 'medicine'..is that what you Illionians call it?..thanks for the laugh today..it feels good to smile again!..
    Cheers!!..hugs to you both..hope you get on the road soon!!..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you ever seen someone REALLY, REALLY happy in a bar and said "I want what she's having ?" thats how I feel about your post today. LOL

    It couldn't be more obvious that you are all hopped up on excitment about hitting the road soon. :) I envy you both.

    We are planning a week long trip Thanksgiving week to the Big Thicket and I'm so looking forward to it. We should get our trailer back from the dealer on Saturday after the flat tire damage.

    So, I'm smiling right here with you. :)

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh ma! Say it ain't so! You aren't gonna wear the uniform in public are ya? Lordy! All the medicine in your cabinet won't be able to wash away my humiliation :)

    So excited you're gonna get your hitch itched!!

    ReplyDelete