http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=4316350785635987648 Cave Dwellings: Goliad, TX…One of the Cave’s Fave’s!!
Cave Dwellings

Buckhorn Creek, Lake O' The Pines, Jefferson, TX

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Goliad, TX…One of the Cave’s Fave’s!!

  Yesterday we were feeling like drowned rats as we stowed stuff away in the misty rain at Goose Island…Every darn cord that touched the ground  had to be wiped down with a wet rag to get the icky wet sand off.  I got everything pulled in on the inside first before I went out to help Mr. Cheerful Don't tell anyone smile.  Once we started tromping around in the mud, we didn’t want to go back inside the Hiker for ANY reason..As you RV’ers’ know, it’s hard to keep those carpets looking new for very long, if at all!! We finally had got hooked up, dumped and “squished” on down the road toward Goliad.  That weather man was a big liar..He said the sun would come out yesterday morning…NOT!…It rained all the way to Goliad (which is only about 1 1/2 hours)…. It did settle into a very fine mist for us to set up in…The upside to all this moisture, is that Goliad has lifted their Burn Ban..Open-mouthed smile

Here is our site…all set up for the next 2 weeks…

101_1774101_1775

101_1776101_1777

..All sites in this loop are full hook-up and pull through…AND level, so we didn’t have to pull up on blocks..This means that my last step out the camper door is just the right height for vertically challenged people with very short legs..!  Hey, would ya just LOOK  at that green grass. McGyver and I agree that we have never seen this park so green …

We are on the loop that has the Mission Espiritu Santo  just adjacent to the campers…If that link works like I want it to, you will see a short video on U-Tube about this mission…If it doesn't work , try this link for  Mission information ..

I will post photos of the inside soon.  We are also just a short walk from the Presidio La Bahia , known for the Goliad Massacre..You will learn lots from these links, and I will give a short walking tour of my own soon. Here are a few photos of the outside of the Presidio..

This town is rich in history, and you can bet that I will be touching every old wall and old artifact they will let me…I just LOVE old things…(that’s why I love McGyverWinking smile!)…Just wait until he reads this blog…HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY, DEN…LOVE YOU!!

I walked with McGyver this AM…it went OK..I figure, what the He—!  My feet are sore no matter what I do, so why should I miss walking with Dennis?? After all, I CAN still walk!…I refuse to sit on my behind…and riding my bike by myself is getting quite boring…I have no one to race with!

I need to welcome another brave follower, heyduke50..HEY DUKE!! Get in the truck, but ya gotta fight for a window seat!!

I am finding myself having trouble sitting in front of a computer screen for any length of time lately…My creativity level is at a new all time low, and in order to keep this thing flowing, I just may have to cut it back to twice a week..That is , unless something earth shattering happens to blog about…like winning the lottery, or …hmmm…Den and I going out for a candlelight dinner Send a kiss…Bear with me…I am trying very hard to work this out, keeping myself happy, yet still spending more time being outside, creating new adventures (without ending up in jail)!! Thanks to all for tolerating  me!

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.”  ~ Mary Lou Cook

10 comments:

  1. As always a real treat to hear from you not in jail. Happy V day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day to my fashion rival! I just noticed you have a Nuwa. Hub and I are looking at them and I would like to know what you think of them. How can we communicate in private if you are willing to share info?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Page...On our blog there is a place you can email us....do it..and we will give you our feelings on the Hiker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is great. There are lots of folks out there who read it and enjoy it.

    Just thought you should you know.

    Todd Temple

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are enjoying the ride and adventures in Texas. We lived in Texas for twenty plus years and know how cold it can get. The wind blows all the time and anything below 50 will freeze me to death....hang in there, it will change soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy valentine's day to the two of you!..enjoy your walks together...even with sore feet..I can relate..one heel spur for me....very painful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goliad is a great park, I was there for a week in December. I like your header photo. I had a hard time getting a good photo of the buildings. I walked to the fort and also to town.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can identify with your feelings about spending more time outside & less time inside on the computer. I have tried maybe half a dozen times to walk away from my blog but am always drawn back like a moth to a flame. Like me, you probably have tried writing shorter blogs....and found out with blabberfingers like us, that doesn't work either. And moderation? What the hell is that!! Good luck in whatever you decide. In the meantime, I will keep an eye out for ya:))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking spot you've got there in Goliad. I'll be looking forward to reading a bit more history about this area - sound like you should have lots of blogging material for a while anyway.

    ReplyDelete