http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=4316350785635987648 Cave Dwellings: My Blogs????Purely for giggle and grins.
Cave Dwellings

Buckhorn Creek, Lake O' The Pines, Jefferson, TX

Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Blogs????Purely for giggle and grins.

  I just got through reading  Laurie and Odel's blog and it really re-inforced my intentions of why I began a blog…

When Dennis created this blog for us, I had already kept many journals …some of our RV travels , and some of just LIFE.  I printed a couple for our 3 kids and gave them as gifts… Writing for me has become a great joy, ever since I was involved in our High School newspaper as an editor.  I LOVE poetry, both reading it and writing it.  I love reading books ( paper books for me, please), and often got so involved in a novel , (usually one of those “steamy” ones), that I neglected my schoolwork (NO, REALLY..ME?)…Then,  I took a class in Creative Writing in college, and I  suddenly found myself  hooked on putting my thoughts and humor into writing… Soooo…the blog idea appealed to me as an outlet for my love of satire, humor and sometimes questionable joking.  Trust me, I can get serious,  NO, REALLY!!…but not often…and I do enjoy blogging…The key word here is “enjoy”.  At first I tried to keep up a daily blog, but after a year,  it became too much like a homework assignment (you are so right, Laurie), and I found myself trying too hard to dredge up humorous travel tales….waaaay too hard. 

About a year ago, I decided to cut my blogging down to every other day.  I did that for a while, but still found it to be more like a “job” than a “joy”…and my heart wasn’t in it… I think that’s when I realized that I should just go with my spontaneous insanity , which can be very bazaar at times…  Sooooo….now I only plop my fanny on the computer chair to blog when I  have a quirky spin on something that happened, or I am feeling the creative need to give someone a laugh, a small smile or a giggle… However, I really do prefer it to be a snot nosed teary eyed , snorting, “ ugly face” laugh..those are MY personal favorites….and if and when this blogging stuff starts becoming a “ball and chain”..I’m making a jailbreak!!

100_0431

 

100_0428100_0430

Some of Mother Nature’s creations in our backyard in the hot South sun are thriving in this 99 degree heat…These Hibiscus have gotta be the most gutsy flowers I have EVER seen, not counting a cactus flower…Just look at that pert smile, all colorful and giddy with heat..All this while I am stripped down to as little clothing as possible without getting arrested, sitting on the front porch, with 3 fans blowing on me…

 

100_6684

 

 

 

I AM HOPING THIS EAGLE DANCER HANGING ON OUR WALL IS ALSO INCLUDING A RAINDANCE IN HIS CHOREOGRAPHY!!!!HEY, MAYBE I’LL TRY DRUMMING UP A  RAINDANCE OF MY OWN LATER..MAYBE AFTER A SIP OF RUM AND COKEMug…AND MAYBE WITH NO CAMERAS ANYWHERE NEAR.Just kidding

 

 

 

 

 

…Speaking of my very lame and often politically incorrect humor, I have been know to don a few costumes….

scan0014 

I dressed up on St.Patty’s Day when I worked at the travel agency in the 1980’s…Luckily, my boss was Den’s cousin and she had the same sick sense of humor I did..

Don’t laugh ,those are my real ears..Nyah-Nyah

  

scan0017scan0018

I ALSO DRESSED UP FOR HALLOWEEN…LOTS!!..(ME AS A CLOWN…AND…“THE GRIM REAPER”)….I have a few more  costume photos I need to dig up just for old times sake….

BUT HEY!!….ALL OF THIS NUTSY NEED TO DRAW ATTENTION TO MYSELF, I CAME BY IT QUITE HONESTLY…..

scan0016

THIS WOULD BE MY DAD….AND YES, THAT BEER IS A MEISTER BRAU..HOW MANY REMEMBER THOSE?? I THOUGHT NOT.

SO, HERE’S TO YOU , DAD…AS YOU CAN SEE, THIS APPLE FELL REALLY CLOSE TO THE TREE!!!

THANKS TO YOU, DADDY…IT’S IN THE GENE  POOL!

13 comments:

  1. You are so funny! I love reading your post for it always makes me giggle and smile. So thank you for sharing your wonderful sense of humor and excellent creative writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely enjoy a good laugh and you always come through for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meister Brau, wow what a font of memories,I tried a few quarts of those,remember three quarts for $1.09. Boy you could afford to drink back then.Your Dad looks like me after a couple of quarts of Brau. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post...I love your writing, even if you do talk about flowers in heat and half naked ladies sitting in front of fans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific post, Donna. You and Paulette would get along great as she always wore some goofy costumes to school on Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your blogs, always a smile when I need it. I blog more when I travel, now that I am home - not too much to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And love the calendar hanging on the wall behind your dad! Mom always received one of those for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you blog!! I enjoy your style and what you bring to the post you write. I also agree with the idea of writing when you have something you want to write about...so much better that way!!
    Love the costumes!! We have so much to thank our parents for don't we?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, Donna your posts are always entertaining!!..sorry to hear you are sitting barely clothed in front of three fans..come on up to BC..summer has yet to get here!!..I guess the 'happy pant's are non existant this week?/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, if you want to sit on the front porch half naked, then by golly do it! About blogs: we read a variety of them for a variety of reasons. They are all different, and that's how they should be. Want to go daily, and enjoy it? Fine. Want to do it only when you want to do it? Fine. Want to be silly and give us snot-nosed laughs? Fine. Want to be introspective and reflective? Fine. Want to do tutorials on technical stuff? Fine. If we enjoy it, we'll stick around. If we get bored,we'll go somewhere else. Please note that we try never to miss your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I look forward to your blog posts and look specifically down the list to see if you have an entry every morning while I sip my coffee.

    You are creative and I totally get you and your sense of humor.

    You are my favorite blog to read! Keep sharing your silliness, its addicting. :)

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice that you have found a blogging niche that is comfortible & a style that is uniquely your own. Variety is one of the things that keeps Blog Land interesting & some of us like yourself who are a little further from center, enjoy keep it that way:))

    ReplyDelete