http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=4316350785635987648 Cave Dwellings: WITH APOLOGIES TO THE FOOD NETWORK…..
Cave Dwellings

Buckhorn Creek, Lake O' The Pines, Jefferson, TX

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

WITH APOLOGIES TO THE FOOD NETWORK…..

  Hey…welcome aboard the Cave Dweller’s great adventure to a couple new followers!! Shout out to Ruth and Ken and  Luci and Loree !!!! You gotta be some kind of crazy to climb aboard this train wreck, but we sure are glad you came!!

100_8872

 

 

GOT THIS COASTER AT JEFFERSON TX…WE LOVE OUR HAPPY HOURS….AND THESE 2 REINDEER MAKE A GREAT POINT !!

 

 

 

 

  Yesterday was non-eventful…We got groceries at WalMart…I had thought of doing one of those “people you see at WalMart” picture shows, but I am sure I could end up the subject of one at any given shopping trip, so I thought twice. We also hit one of our supermarket “favs”…HEB…They have the best meat and groceries ever!! You might want to check out the history of the HEB stores….Just sayin’…And FYI, the H.E.B. stands for Herbert E. Butt…Yep, you got it…Quite a story there, too!

  I’m hoping to get this “big behemoth of a fiver” washed today..They predicted 75 degrees, but so far, at 8:30AM, there is no sunshine and the wind is hawking off Canyon Lake….Since I’m not in the mood to play the  “windy cold hose spray” game, I will decide if I might put of the big wash job until tomorrow…

  A few shots….let me rephrase that…a few photos of a nice Buck who posed for me…

100_8873100_8874

…not sure who was watching who, but shortly after I got that second picture, he snorted and bolted off into the grasses.100_8875

…Quiet day today…unless the camper gets a much needed scrub….Last night we had pizza, yet again…Can I just say to my blog child, Nellie,  that pizza has all of the major food groups in it, so I count it as health food!  I wore one of my best dining ensembles for the occasion…

100_8870

 

 

……     AND IF THIS OUTFIT DOESN’T SCARE OUR FOLLOWERS OFF, NOTHING WILL!

FOR SOME REASON…TODAY I’M OUTA GAS…MY MOOD SWINGS ARE LIKE MONKEYS ON VINES…

IF I GET AMBICIOUS AND WASH THE CAMPER, THERE MAY BE PHOTOS…..BIG WOOP.

 

 

 

 

We are planning on grilled baby back ribs tomorrow night for dinner, and that means that today I put on my sous chef hat and start “prepping” for the Chief chef, Chef McGuyver…..

100_8882

 

 

Hey!! ?So I forgot my sous chef hat!!!  This will have to do!….(Must keep my hair covered as per the RV Kitchen Help Health Dept)…..and NO…DO NOT CLICK TO ENLARGE..I TRIED IT AND IMMEDIATELY MADE A 911 CALL TO A PLASTIC SURGEON!

 

 

The secret to great ribs is…(get ready, I don’t share these secrets with just anyone…or do I??)…Yellow Mustard, Donna’s “no longer secret dry rub”, and Bullseye BBQ Sauce..The rub is basically paprika, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, garlic pepper, cumin, dry mustard, onion powder and some coarse salt….

100_8880

100_8878100_8879

   I cut the rib rack in quarters, smear the mustard on both sides, coat all over with rub…Then, wrap each quarter in heavy duty foil and put in the refrig overnite ( this is a  must do)…..Tomorrow we really would normally put them over a wood fire for about 45 minutes, turning every so often…This may not be possible here (thanks a lot, Smokey), so I put them in our oven at 300 degrees for 45 min….Take them off and let them sit for about an hour, unwrap the pieces and throw them on the grill…Slather them up with Bullseye just before you take them off…and WALLA!..There you have it…..And if you tell anyone , I’ll have to send you to “swim with the fishes”….

 

 

100_8876100_8877

..That little red present is lit up from the inside..very clever…Can ya see our little tree on the table????

OK, the sun is coming out..it is 11AM…I see that I have a possible film project coming up after lunch..It’s called “The Behemoth Gets a Bath”…starring ME, and co-starring McGuyver , who is great at doing windows!!

10 comments:

  1. What time will dinner be reeady tomorrow night???

    I sure hope you don't wash the paint off your fifth wheel! It looks pretty clean to me.

    Travel Safe
    Dawn & Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you do like your happy hours, because it seems to me that there are three reindeer not two! I thought drinking gave you double vision, not less vision. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I STAND CORRECTED, WITH APOLOGIES TO BLITZEN...OR WAS IT BLITZED? :)
    GOSH, I HADN'T THOUGHT TO PUT SOME BAILYS IN MY COFFEE, OR I EASILY COULD HAVE BEEN TIPSY, TOPSY, BLITZED AND BLOTTO!! THANKS FOR SETTING ME STRAIGHT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love the outfit! Perfect duds for a cold day in an rv! and thanks for the recipe, will be trying it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big bucks always get my heart racing. That was definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love big bucks also 50's or 100's is great.

    You are a fashion trend setter and should be on the front cover of one of those fashion magazine.

    Ok you also need your eyes check,how many fingers do I have up? Please call a cab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice duds and sous chef hat! Not too fancy, kind of casual, I like that!

    Thanks for sharing your secret rib's recipe. It sure sounds good so I'm definitely going to give that one a try next month when we're down basking in the sun in Palm Springs!

    Hope you didn't have to work thru happy hour washing the rig!

    ReplyDelete
  8. we will be there for dinner!!..chill the wine..I am bringing my happy pants..not quite as nice as yours but happy pants still the same!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing an honest techniques. This journal contains terribly informative and quality contents that helps the scholars and others who are in search of other scholars jobs . the step wise instruction can lead your sensible impression on headhunter

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.Explore a supernatural world and master the art of wizady in game sims 4 skill cheats : Realm of magic.

    ReplyDelete