http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=4316350785635987648 Cave Dwellings: Finding my “inner child”
Cave Dwellings

Buckhorn Creek, Lake O' The Pines, Jefferson, TX

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Finding my “inner child”

  This last weekend I went to Zionsville, Indiana to see the 2 Wolff cubs, Aiden and Maddox.  I left Thursday at 7AM and came home Sunday…Aiden was having his 4th birthday party that Saturday and I didn’t want to miss it…McGyver was still lashed to the combine, working long hours to finish up the corn harvest, so he couldn’t make it…

2012-10-11 13.26.332012-10-11 13.29.10

Aiden just learned to ride his two wheeler without the training wheels…I believe it took me until I was at least 6 before I let my dad take mine off…It’s true that we come full circle…I think I need some training wheels put back on my bike that I now rideDisappointed smile!!

2012-10-12 16.13.122012-10-12 16.12.302012-10-12 16.12.12

I found out that Mimi (me) cannot keep up with these two boys as well as she use to…I went down the slide and almost fell off…I went on the swings and got dizzy…Confused smile

2012-10-12 16.11.03

I only made the first 2 rungs of the rope wall, and Aiden beat me, hands down..(Note my death grip on the rope…swinging rope ladders are NOT my favorite kind!)

The theme of the party was “The Avengers”….Captain America, Spiderman, Ironman and The Incredible Hulk…and the big feature of the party was the bounce house..

2012-10-13 14.49.232012-10-13 15.54.34

No, I didn’t go inside the bounce house…I was afraid I would get stuck in the door.  By the time the party was over, the Wolff Den was a mix of wrapping paper, cake crumbs, pizza cheese, leaves, fingermarks and frosting…We all had a great time, and after watching all of the new toys being opened, I think Den and I seriously need to invest in plastic…

2012-10-13 17.46.522012-10-13 17.22.512012-10-13 17.45.57

Organized bedlam, presided over by Aiden, A.K.A. “Ironman Aiden”….defending his spot behind the couchWinking smile!

 

You may remember me mentioning that he had a commercial embroidery business out of our home about 10 years ago…

Above left, the Tajima 12 needle machine…in the middle of our dining room…The threads, hoops and hat rings were numerous…Some of the embroidery designs were digitized by McGyver on a computer that sat next to this behemoth …and it all sat right smack dab in the middle of our dining room…I hung twinkle Xmas lights on it one year….Den had the business for about 10 years, and I figured if I had to live with that thing right in the middle of our home I had better get some good shirts out of it…

2012-10-05 10.11.452012-10-05 10.11.572012-10-05 10.12.08

2012-10-05 10.12.552012-10-05 10.13.05

Above are just a few of my sweatshirts that McGyver made me…I had many over that 10 years..and these are the only ones I still have…THANKS DEN!!

So, after a fun-filled weekend with a gazillion kids of all ages, I have re-discovered my inner child…I find that some people worry so much about dying that they forget to live…and I refuse to be one of those people…

2012-10-09 10.50.512012-10-09 10.40.20

                                                              I REST MY CASE.

“When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.”  ~ Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind

9 comments:

  1. Love that quote at the end. I need to be reminded of that often as I do tend to fret about the future.

    The party looks like a ton of fun, but I think I would avoid the bounce house too. Might cause an accident (tee-hee)...

    And LOVE those sweatshirts. Even if it was in teh middle of your dining room, that would be a fun machine to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. butterbean carpenterOctober 16, 2012 at 1:21 PM

    Howdy D&D,
    Whata you mean discovered your kid?? When did you ever grow up?? Those grands are so cute and growing like mesquite trees(we're thinning ours)!!!We do hope when you make your meander down this way, to the GREAT LAND of TEXAS,
    you'll come by the RunningStar Ranch and visit some; we've got lotz of mesquite Denis can use for his 'campfires'!!! WE HAVE LOTZ OF MESQUITE!!!
    You can wear the BEST of YOUR CREATIVE ENSEMBLES and nobody will notice, because thatz what Joyce wears ALL of THE TIME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wild, wild party. That Bounce House was a great idea - sure beats a pony as far as I'm concerned.

    Egads - an embroidery machine in your dining room? I'd better not let Paulette see this post or I could be in real trouble. That is quite the gizmo though - nice t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures of you look like you have been kidnapped and are being held hostage at a garage sale. Have fun. Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the outline of the moose! My sweatshirts have to come with zippers down the front, though, or I don't wear them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. time well spent with your grandkids!!!..love the header shot..I know you have used it before, but can we meet you there?..spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. butterbean carpenterOctober 19, 2012 at 5:56 PM

    Howdy D&D<
    WHERE S DENNIS, WHERE IS DONNA?????? WE'RE MISSING THEM!!!! WAAAAAH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For some reason I still cannot reply to my comments...Hang in there Butterbean, I'll post again soon!!

    ReplyDelete