http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=4316350785635987648 Cave Dwellings: Full Circle...back at Canyon Lake
Cave Dwellings

Buckhorn Creek, Lake O' The Pines, Jefferson, TX

Friday, February 29, 2008

Full Circle...back at Canyon Lake



Well, we arrived here Wednesday after a short 3 1/2 hour drive from Goose Island. Den programed our GPS Tom Tom and let it take us all the way..The weather was beautiful when we arrived. We set up in our spot and relaxed. Our truck and camper were so full of salt, we decided to clean them both the next day. Den even got up on top and hosed off the top. We also sprayed all underneath of both truck and RV..that salt is really hard on your equipment.
We have stayed here several times before, but never on this side of the lake. It is very nice. It got windy on Thursday, but not nearly as windy as it was at Goose Island.
By the time we spent the entire day scrubbing our vehicles (washing the RV is like diapering a dinosaur!!), we were both exhausted. Den cooked turkey burgers on the grill and we fell into bed at 9PM.
Today was cloudy in the AM, but got sunny by afternoon, so I assumed my usual sunny position, that being propped up into my chair with my book.
Den worked on both of our bicycles..the salt was rusting his chain already.
Dinner tonight is crockpot chicken that I put in this morning...I totally relaxed today. I'll blog more on a more exciting day...however, this is about as exciting as our days get...and I LOVE IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment