http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=4316350785635987648 Cave Dwellings: ‘MY BAD???
Cave Dwellings

Buckhorn Creek, Lake O' The Pines, Jefferson, TX

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

‘MY BAD???

Yep…just as I figured..I haven’t blogged in centuries, which brings me to this question, “Is blogging passe’?”…Is blogging being replaced by Facebook, Facetime, Google +, and the many other forms of social media?? I have to admit that I am NOT a big geek when it comes to getting involved in the social networking scene…Heck, I just started blogging in 2009. It would figure that just about the time I got the hang of blogging, it would drive off into the ditch..Or is it just “Blogger” that is slowing down?? I have a few blog friends who are on Word Press…and they seem to have many more people interested in blogging ..Just throwing that out there to chew on, for those who are MUCH more faithful bloggers than I have been lately..

13315486_1258319924178483_8643314745810149624_n13344545_1258319884178487_5371222457323159242_n

Not too much exciting going on around here…Our rains have really helped my roses..They are so pretty, I had to pick a few..And the rains finally let up enough for Dennis to get a small garden planted..8 tomato plants, 4 green pepper plants, 4 jalapeno pepper plants, and 12 hills of potatoes…YUMMO!

We did have a “mini” Cave-A-Palooza here at our house for Memorial Day. Kelly and Cindy, the Heiser clan, Big Fluffy (Den’s brother-in-law) and Tommy (Den’s nephew) came over for a cook out…Taylor Heiser brought her “main squeeze”, Joshua Herrero, with her..This poor kid never knew what hit him..Our family is a bit overwhelming on first glance…I gotta say, that Josh held up quite nicely..Also, the poor kid is HIGHLY allergic to all  nuts and seafood (NO peanut oil either)…I really had to think hard to make sure I didn’t poison the kid while he was partaking of our picnic food..He has to carry epipens around with him like toothpicks!

101_8102101_8106

Dennis Cave grilled his famous 3 whole chickens in Cave Dust (my rub).  They were deeeelicious!!

101_8100

Left to right, Taylor, Joshua, Campbell and Peyton..our Posse’of kids.

101_8107

This happened to be the 1 month “anniversary” of Taylor and Joshua’s “relationship…Josh’s mother made this and it was AMAZING! (Did anyone of you get a cake for dating a guy for one month??..Neither did I.)

101_8109

Joshua is very skilled in the fine art of cake cutting..schooled by his mother who actually makes pastries and cakes for events…

Actually, Tay and Josh kind of met when they were both in the Kaneland High School Musical, “Into The Woods”..Tay was Cinderlla and Josh was Jack..as “in the beanstalk”..They both have wonderful voices and a great love of theater..In fact their Madrigal Group is leaving to perform in Spain next week for 8 days!!

101_8072

Now, on to the “medical mystery tour” that has turned into a journey for the past almost 3 years…I have my surgery next Wednesday, June 8th..and absolutely cannot wait!! Nope, not a bit concerned about going “under the knife” yet again. This time my Doc has a bead and a bullseye on this tumor..and ,with his great skill, will exorcise the devilish thing from my neck!!!. I am putting all my eggs in this basket for me feeling much better by the end of summer…One neat thing about this “in and out” of Chicago on the train thing is that we have really had some great walks down “The Magnificent Mile”. And most have been on beautiful sunny days along the Chicago River…I’m not a big fan of the city, but I have to say that it is very beautiful with all of the landscaping, flowers and greenery right down town!!

OK, I can now check “do blog” off my list for today..I am no longer making promises to blog more often, because I never know when the urge will strike me (or I have anything worth saying). From now on , I fly by the seat of my pants on blogging…I work better with no pressure..but I refuse to give up!!

Fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants-gal

YEP!!!

8 comments:

  1. Good luck on the tumor removal! Our best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the tumor removal! Our best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. first off good luck with the surgery next week...we will all be thinking good thoughts!
    as for blogging?..I don't comment nor blog as much as I use to and the traffic on my blog seems to be the same..some days I wonder where have all bloggers gone?...I am trying to keep up to date with our workcamping gig..making it more like a journal of sorts..the day to day stuff gets mundane but this is our life...and if I don't write it down I will most certainly forget...
    you and Dennis have a lovely family..and are most fortunate that everyone gets together so often..love seeing how big the kids are getting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still blogging here, just not as much while we're stationary. I try to keep up with writing about what we're doing for our own benefit so years down the road we have a record of our comings and goings.

    We hope your surgery is a success. Bob had some skin cancer removed from his neck. He had waited a long time to go to the doctor for it. They had to do a big incision with skin flap and went as far down as a nerve. He is fine now and you can barely see the S-shaped scar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have thought of switching to Word Press half a dozen times but just don't have the patience for the learning curve. I have pretty much lost touch with any fellow Bloggers who have hopped over to other social media sites like Facebook or Google+. I don't care for either one of them & much prefer the regular blogging format. In this newer age now of mobile & instant this & that meaningful substance is sacrificed for the sake of speed & unending bantering mind numbing pointless chatter. Tweet this, text that, insta-groan something else. In my opinion it's a good thing a few of we old Dinosaurs still have our keyboarding feet on the ground. All the best next week.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy your blog and understand about switching. Everyone says it's easier and better but I blog for myself and family. I have no desire to make more work for myself by switching to word press.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your posts and seeing what's going on with your summer. We'll be praying for you and your surgery and looking forward to getting all that behind you. Quite a talented group gathering at your place and interesting to hear about your 'Cave Dust'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our prayers are with you today as you go through surgery. Hopefully you will have a speedy recovery and will return to blogging soon. I find blogging an interesting concept. I see it as a journal which I can look back at later in full technicolor. If anyone follows and reads it other than us, that's a bonus.

    ReplyDelete