http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=4316350785635987648 Cave Dwellings: Freedom Isn’t FREE!
Cave Dwellings

Buckhorn Creek, Lake O' The Pines, Jefferson, TX

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Freedom Isn’t FREE!

I would like to thank all you brave souls who served proudly in our military through the years…You are ALL heroes and so,so many made the ultimate sacrifice..I would especially like to acknowledge some family members who stood side by side to protect our freedoms….

scan0015 scan0036

Our son, Kelly and my beloved “MacGyver” Dennis…

 

100_7386 for donna

Den’s Uncle Clarence Bark (Uncle Jr.) and my Uncle Walter Fry…

 

William and Rose gravestone My Great Grandfather, William Harnish (I have no photos, but he served in the 23rd Indian Battery during the Civil War…)

 

Eyles Harnish (3)  George S. Harnish stamp

Though I have no photos of him in uniform, my second cousin, Eyles Harnish who served in WWII….and his father ,my Great Uncle George Harnish, who served in the Phillipine- American War 1899-1902..Nope, I had never heard of this one either, but it was nasty..see the link.

There could be more who served in our family, but these are the ones of which I am certain.  To All OF YOU who served, I humbly thank you for the life we enjoy today…

“Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty.”   ~ John Fitzgerald Kennedy

4 comments: