http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=4316350785635987648 Cave Dwellings: TRYING TO BE POSITIVE…THESE THINGS MAKE ME SMILE..
Cave Dwellings

Buckhorn Creek, Lake O' The Pines, Jefferson, TX

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

TRYING TO BE POSITIVE…THESE THINGS MAKE ME SMILE..

  Before I forget, I just noticed that we have 3 new followers of this circus I call a blog…Welcome to my “adventures in writing” to Denis and Sandy, Julie and Tom, and New Age Nomad…Normally we would be somewhere warm, so if you are going to hang with us , get out your mukluks and parkas…it’s a dreadful Illinois February..and be forewarned that I AM CRABBY, and MAXINE is my heroine.Baring teeth smile

Dennis and I are trying to adjust to this pond sucking, skunky, nasty, damp and dreary, wet and crappy, gray and dismal, chilling and bone busting Illinois weather…So, I am trying  my darned best to have some semblance of fun with this blog…(If you and make it to the end of this blog, there is a musical surprise…NoteFlirt male)

As you may know, our son, Kelly is a Lieutenant with the Oswego, IL Fire Dept….He is one big man…6’3” and very scary up close..just sayin’…

Well, one of our good friends who use to be the Sandwich IL Chief of Police, Rick Olson, is running for mayor of Sandwich, IL…Kelly attended a fund raiser for him where two of the former 1986 Chicago Bears came out to support him…Kelly had his picture taken with Kurt Becker and Keith Van Horn..Keep in mind that Kelly is a very big man…and just look at him in comparison to those other two….Kelly looks like a dwarf next to them…

Kelbears

 

 

I thought our son was a big man until I saw this photo….Kel is the middle man…wholly schlamoly.!

 

 

 

 

Oh…by the way, Dan Hampton, another famous Chicago Bear, is MY friend on Facebook…(If you don’t know who Dan Hampton is, you are NOT an NFL fan…or… you are under 30 years old!)

 

 

 

This family tries to find fun where ever possible and lately I need all the fun I can get…I may have posted a few of these before, but bear with me…they make me smile..Rolling on the floor laughing

2012-11-17 12.07.282012-11-17 12.09.00

2012-04-14 17.32.39

I refuse to say who that is laying and spinning on the bar stool in the photo on the right…suffice to say it IS a family member…Don’t look so surprisedSurprised smile!

Snow Angels (120x160)

 

 

 

Left is a picture of our 2 son-in-laws, Tim Heiser and John Wolff…They ran out of the indoor pool at the Holiday Inn, Dec. 2011, went outside in the cold, and made “angels in the snow”….I know, I know…makes a mother-in-law proud…

 

 

 

 

 

duckfaceheiserKelly fireman

So now for my last photo…it is really a video…Taylor and her brother, Peyton doing a duet…Tay is singing and Pey is “beat boxing”…Beat boxing is making drum like sounds with your mouth…..This video is only a little over one minute long..The picture quality sucks,it was done on Terrie’s phone to be patient… but the sound is great!!….Turn up your sound and enjoy!!!!…

Taylor and Peyton making music

…Thanks soooo much for tolerating my need for a few smiles today….I feel much better now!!

Look at me!
Look at me!
Look at me NOW!
It is fun to have fun
But you have to know how.”
~
Dr. Seuss, The Cat in the Hat (Deluxe Edition)

17 comments:

  1. butterbean carpenterFebruary 12, 2013 at 5:35 PM

    Howdy D&D,
    Yep, you really have a great 'kooky' bunch of kids!! Do any drive Caterpillars??? Why didn't any of Dennis' genes come through??
    Chi-town Bears are supposed to be HUGE!! Remember the 'Refrigerator' Perry!!! How is Uncle Jr. doing?? You just enjoyed too much Florida, you should be thankful you're not in Azrizonia!!!!
    Hope it warms up soon in 'Refrigerator' land!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DO remember "the Fridge"...We have autographs of Danimal, Butkus, a few others..used to go to Bear's Training camp when it was in Wisconsin..Uncle Jr. is ...not doing great..Glad we came home, but intend to get back to Floridia!! I agree..We have a GREAT and CRAZY Cave family!

      Delete
  2. Maybe a massage and heat lamp would work for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do miss the warm sunshine...and I do have a masseuse!

      Delete
  3. Enjoyed the video and pictures. Put smile on my face!

    Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great singer...and wow they are super...wish you were still here....I'll keep double fisting it for you during happy hours...xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a dirty job, Elaine, but somebody has to double fist it for me!

      Delete
  5. Your blog put a big smile on my face and it's not even 7am yet... great way to start the day. Am kinda wondering why you and Den have on wet tee-shirts (picture to the left of the stool spinner?)... wet t-shirt contest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just got done drinking a drink called The TidalWave at a Wisconsin bar...Being newbies there, we didn't know that the "wave" part was water being thrown at you while you drink it..

      Delete
  6. thanks for the smile this morning!..dark and dreary here too so we feel your pain!
    Taylor has an amazing voice..maybe one day she will be the new American Idol?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just want her to ENJOY her singing and theater arts....Right now her voice is changing somewhat...She turns 15 this September and enters High School.

      Delete
  7. Nice video of the kids at the end. A fitting finale to a great blog full of family fun. Those 2 ex Chicago Bears look like, well.......Bears!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rick, thanks....We didn't know Peyton could "beat box" so well...he is such a quiet kids...They make a great team....when not fighting ;-))

      Delete
  8. Always love to see kids making music. Your grands are so talented and Taylor has a beautiful voice.

    Next time maybe you can tell us how you REALLY feel about that Illinois weather lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna....If truth were known, I was in a 9 person singing group in High School called Triple Trio, sang second soprano..We won a 1st place ribbon in a State contest...Music IS in the family...

      Delete
  9. I have been enjoying your blogs from your Fl trip....I see you are now back home. Your family is really enjoying life in the cold country. Good luck from Forrest City, Arkansas. Arkie38

    ReplyDelete