http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=4316350785635987648 Cave Dwellings: PREPARING FOR ANOTHER EPISODE OF “CAVE GRANDKIDS”..
Cave Dwellings

Buckhorn Creek, Lake O' The Pines, Jefferson, TX

Thursday, August 18, 2011

PREPARING FOR ANOTHER EPISODE OF “CAVE GRANDKIDS”..

  OK, I made my grocery trip for ice cream, pizza, mac and cheese, chips, juice boxes, pancake mix, burger, buns, fries….and Exedrin.  Chris and her hubby plus the 2 boys are coming into town tonight for the weekend.  McGuyver and I are babysitting her boys Saturday night while they go into Chicago to celebrate their 6th Wedding Anniversary.  However, we are cheating somewhat.  I have invited Terrie’s 3 kids to join us and stay the night too.   NO…I’m not nuts! I have an ulterior motive…That being the fact that Taylor, at almost 13, babysits a lot…and I think she will be a HUGE  help to me….

100_0163

…Not much else is new here…I have been attending my physical therapy sessions like a good girl..Mike, my therapist, says that PT stands for “pain and torture”….I do believe he is right.  I told him it should mean “pity and tolerance”… I have a Doc appointment next week….I could be his worst nightmare..

Dennis bought us a new Kodak Easyshare Max Z990 camera with full HD 1080 video, a 30X wide angle IS, 12 mega pixels, an evf.lcd button, an on and off button, a dial with a P,A,S M, SCN,HDR, a paint pallet, and a couple things I can’t figure out, also has a T and W button, a flower button, a share button, an OK button ( that one I know I’ll like), a DISP button, a lightening bolt button, a sparkler? button, and a garbage can button (bet I’ll use that lots!). Oh, yeah, it has a flash and lens cap…THERE…I WROTE DOWN EVERYTHING I SEE ON THIS CAMERA …AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MOST OF IT MEANS YET.

100_9698100_9674

  You may be getting some really weird photos from me shortly…But..What else it new?

I gotta welcome a couple new people who were brave enough to tune into this blog…Welcome to meowmomma and her hubster…You have an iron constitution to jump onboard… HANG ON TIGHT!

OK, that’s it for now…It’s cocktail hour and I need to get my strength up for this weekend…I will give you a full report..I hope I can figure out that new camera so I can post photos…It’s hard to teach an old dog…blah blah blah…..

 

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.”….Aaron Siskind ..(I have no idea who that is either)

10 comments:

  1. good luck with the grandkids this weekend..you are a brave soul.. I vote for paying Taylor to keep an eye on the young 'uns..and you sit back in your happy pants and have a drink or two or maybe three!!..Cheers!!.have a great weekend!!..and good luck with the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.A.S.M. on your dial means P is for Program Mode, A for Aperture, S for Shutter Speed & M is for fully Manual. I wouldn't worry about any of those. Just find the Automatic setting on your dial & you are good to go. And, that is all you really need to know to get you safely through the week-end but I can tell you that the lightning symbol has to do with your camera flash & that flower icon means 'close-up' shooting. Your T & W is probably your Telephoto & wide Angle zoom feature. Oh, & if you see the MIC button that doesn't mean microphone....it means, More Ice Cream:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. To take more pics when we are still young, it will be a memory forever. That's right. Definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should be a fun weekend with lots of pictures! Can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like that new camera has everything but automatic defrosting and power windows.Hope you have a great Grand Weekend, I am sure Dennis will find a project in the garage to get out of the way.Taylor was a good idea.Be safe out there.. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We currently are the proud (?) owners of not one, not two, not three, but four digital cameras. Each one is different, and I have a hard time keeping them straight (it's easier to "keep them straight" if you can see a flat horizon or a straight up and down building!). Which one is best? Well the one we don't have with us is the one that has much more versatility with focus, and a huge telephoto zoom lens, so that's the one I miss having. The others all will take pretty good pictures, but the photographer is the key to photo success. Al is right -- stick with the full automatic feature for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great weekend,we will be waiting for pictures.Hope they don't pull a take over of the house..

    ReplyDelete