http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=4316350785635987648 Cave Dwellings: THIS DAY WAS FOR THE BIRDS….
Cave Dwellings

Buckhorn Creek, Lake O' The Pines, Jefferson, TX

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

THIS DAY WAS FOR THE BIRDS….

  Well, I finally got to sit out on our deck, sans my blue boot,  and get some much needed sunshine…

100_0226

 

I’m not going any larger with my foot picture..You don’t need to be subjected to my blue veins running like roadmaps through an Atlas…Let’s just say that I was THRILLED to be outside soaking up some sunshine with both feet exposed…Please note..I even managed to apply polish to those chubby little toes!!

 

  While I was enjoying ‘ol Sol, I remembered to take my camera with me..just in case I saw something photo worthy do a “fly by”….And….sure enough, a young Robin decided to join me.  He was keeping one eagle Robin eye on me while he used our fountain to take his bath…Hey, Dude..this is NOT a birdbath..HELLLLOOOOO!!! Obviously, he wasn’t listening…

100_0209100_0211

I was sitting almost right above the fountain, so I got him to give me his best side..He was very vocal about me taking pictures as he was bathing..I didn’t have a towel to hand to him, so he jumped down and continued his hygiene on the ground just below me…

100_0214100_0215100_0216

100_0218100_0221100_0223

I could tell this was a young one…Evidently his mother didn’t teach him “stranger danger” and he could have cared less that I was standing inches away, recording his fluffing routine….GOD IT’S GOOD TO BE OUTSIDE AND ACTIVE AGAIN..!

I have to say that my foot is still pretty sore..I tend to gimp around when doing yard work, and the Doc won’t let me start doing my daily “walk” for a couple more weeks..He did, however, give me the “all clear” to ride my bike!!!

100_0227

Look out…I’m mobile again!!

While I was outside sunning, I had the opportunity to see my little friend, Mr. Wren, who was busy building nests in 3 different spots…He was singing his little heart out as he was loading each different birdhouse with little sticks….hoping to attract a female into one of them..(some women like wine and candy, some like neatly placed little sticks…??)

100_0225100_0224

Last year he built nests all around our house…and didn’t use ONE of them….Wrens mystify me…I’m sure  Judy totally gets what the Heck he is doing. I haven’t a clue..What lengths some males will go to for our gender!!

As you can see, I had a great day outside….relaxing….Our weather here is just beautiful today…sunny and 70’s…and NO RAIN!!!

I AM FINALLY THE CAPTAIN OF MY OWN SHIP…

I CANNOT HELP IT IF IT’S ONLY A DINGHY.

11 comments:

  1. A female has every right to be picky about where she'll raise her kids! The men just think throwing a few sticks together will do the trick. Ha!

    Great hot springs pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics of your "outside shower" and so glad your visitor enjoyed!! He is so cute! Great pics!
    So glad you are mobile again....doesn't it feel great??? Have fun on that bike ride!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the Robin photos, and am sooo glad your foot is doing well! Nice day in the sunshine for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pics of robins and wrens, especially the fountain ones.

    Good to see you're mobile again and able to ride your bike. Great weather too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey good to see your up and almost running and both shoes match.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing how much we take our health and the ability to come and go as we please, for granted. I too, hate it when I'm laid up for whatever reason. I can get downright bear like. Just ask Ken. Enjoy your new found freedom, again. It's wonderful to be so called 'back to normal' isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your definitely getting better at bird pictures, glad to see your out and about on your bike,have fun pedaling it all over town. Had a cold Miller light last night and thought of you guys, Be safe out there. Sam & Donna...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those robin pictures were really fun...great shots. Hope your foot continues to improve but at least you can get going on the bike.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice to see you out and about!..nice toes!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad that your foot is improving each and everyday. Happy to here your weather was nice yesterday, so was ours, it actually felt like summer. Cooler again today though. Love the robin shots.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice blog header picture Donna...

    ReplyDelete