http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=4316350785635987648 Cave Dwellings: A LABOR “DAY” OF LOVE…PLUS FOOD , MUSIC AND DRINK!
Cave Dwellings

Buckhorn Creek, Lake O' The Pines, Jefferson, TX

Monday, September 6, 2010

A LABOR “DAY” OF LOVE…PLUS FOOD , MUSIC AND DRINK!

Yesterday morning Dennis was still trying to get his HD dish set up to point at the correct satellite..There must be a gazillion satellites up there, and Lord knows we don’t want to point at one from China or Russia….

100_7947100_7948

…The back side of the new TV is a virtual snarl of cables and wires, none of which I understand…Thank God McGuyver does…Den wasn’t sure his compass was correct.  About that time, Terrie ,Tim and kids showed up for the afternoon festivities of fun, food, and drink…As it turns out, Terrie said she has a compass on her I-Phone…no..REALLY??? …and a level!!!…ARE YOU SERIOUS???  My cell phone is so outdated all it does is ring,  I talk,  I hang up…end of story. 

  I figured it was time to drag McGuyver away from the TV Gods, so I enticed him to the deck with a cold beer.  Our plan today called for grilling 3 fat chickens on the grill and I had them all marinated and then powdered them up with my rub….and, of course, some dips, salsa and chips kept the “hungry hounds” at bay…..

100_7949100_7950100_7951

Taylor has a flip video camera, so she was taking a video of EVERYTHING!!!  She thinks she is another Steven Spielberg….now she is even videoing my raw chickens…How much video action can you get from dead chickens???WHATEVER!!

 

100_7957100_7958

…A little Daddy/Daughter football in our backyard….I just noticed I have almost NO photos of the Peyton and Campbell…Trust me, they definitely were there, but they are like water spiders..They move so fast in and out that it’s hard to catch them for a photo!!

 

100_7955100_7956

 

…Those chickens will take about 3 hours, so we were entertained by Taylor’s lovely singing….

100_7959

 

100_7960

Taylor has the longest littlest legs…and the biggest, lovely voice! Kind of reminds me of “Olive Oyle” from the Popeye days….She turns 12 this month…I remember 12 as a pretty scary time…and that was in 1960.  I would NOT want to be raising a 12 year old this day in age…Prozac would be my best friend!!

100_7962

Those chickens were looking pretty darn good..and smelling even better!!! I had some spaghetti sauce simmering of the stove…Now for some focaccia breadsticks….

 

100_7946

Kelly and Cindy showed up just in time for the feast….They had been golfing. (Today is Kelly’s actual birthday day.)

100_7966100_7967100_7963

We filled our belly’s full…What a great day!!!    This is when we really miss Chris, John and Aiden!!!

100_7964

KUDOS TO THE COOK!!!

This morning we took our walk out by the fairgrounds again, and things are really hopping…I will take some photos from the fair later this week and post them….Right now, I need to vacuum up chicken crumbs, look under the couch for errant legos, and pick up the yard….YA GOTTA LOVE A PARTY AT THE CAVES!!

  

7 comments:

  1. Boy from the mess of wires going to that dish, I"m glad I still have the small dish, just one wire to the trailer and point it and boom ,No smoke please, you have satellite, once you do it a couple times it takes about ten minutes to set up, of course I have a military grade compass with built in azimuth from my service days. maybe Den could find something at an Army-Navy Store if you have one in the area or on line.Your party looks great even with live entertainment from the kid's. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her mother had best lock Taylor up in her room for another 6 years otherwise Prozac won't be enough. I'm just sayin'...

    Looks like a wonderful family party and that bbq'd chicken looked terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm! What a delicious day you had. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy day...did our invitation get lost in the mail???...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way tha Cave's party,I know if I'm in your hood to stop and eat and drink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful day full of family, fun and FOOD! Yum! =) Thanks for allowing us to take a peek in at your beautiful family.

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pass me a thigh, will ya ma? You guys sure know how to throw a get-together. My birthday is in February in case you want to start planning :)

    Your header is gorgeous, by the way!

    ReplyDelete