http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=4316350785635987648 Cave Dwellings: Now I have become “very interesting” to my Doc!
Cave Dwellings

Buckhorn Creek, Lake O' The Pines, Jefferson, TX

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Now I have become “very interesting” to my Doc!

Dennis and I have been riding the train back and forth into Chicago so I can keep appointments at Northwestern University Hospital…This last trip was for a whole gamut of radiological tests in Nuclear Medicine..I had a sestamibi scan, a CT scan and some other stuff I cannot pronounce. Basically, I was being scanned 2 1/2 hours out of the 4 hours we were there…They sent me the results the next day on my private NW Health site..In the words of my surgeon:

Donna- this is a very interesting result. The scan showed that there is an area in the center of the right thyroid lobe with activity” say whaaat?? What KIND of activity?. are they playing cards?.He continued, “This could be a parathyroid buried within the center of the thyroid lobe.”..something buried in my neck?..”This  happens in a small percentage of people”. Naturally…I’m special..”It may be a good explanation why the parathyroid was not found during the first operation.  The implication of this finding is that we may need to take out some of the thyroid to get to the overactive parathyroid”…..Hey, what the Heck..get out your pickax and have at it..Just don’t disturb my 2 year old neck lift..I don’t want to have to hide at Thanksgiving again!!!

I have one more trip into Chicago before I go in for my surgery…I need to go in for pre-op, which means EKG, chest Xray, bloodwork…yada yada yada…My surgery is scheduled for June 8th..I will be overnight in the hospital and come home on the 9th barring any unforeseen hiccups…Den and I will take the train into Chicago the night before..We will spend the night at a hotel owned by Northwestern (which means if you are a patient it only costs $80 a night!..a perk for being ill!). We will walk the 2 blocks the next AM and I will go under the knife at whatever time they say..Dennis will ride the train home and I will party on with the medical staff, sans one naughty parathyroid gland and maybe part of a good thyroid gland..whatever…Our son, Kelly, will drive Den in and my two men will load me into Kel’s truck and whisk me away back to the cornfields of Sandwich…WOOT! WOOT!

OK, enough merry medical mystery tour..Den and I have been busy with our elders and also our Heiser grandkids who are deeply involved in track and field and musicals…Taylor and Peyton are now Academic Scholars at Kaneland High School..Tay is a Junior and Pey is a Sophomore..

peyandtayletter

Also, their little brother, Campbell, was in a musical at his middle school. Campbell is 12 years old, and a very special kid..He was part of the grassland ensemble in the production of The Lion King, Jr..The costuming in this musical was amazing…

13124774_10206513879064990_4864760115396650682_n20160501_150915

13102869_10206513877184943_5130122228192115682_n13103323_10206513875944912_2488775048887007572_n13124437_10206513876184918_1810430860296457326_n

20160501_153203

Very proud Papa and Grama!!!!

I must apologize for not blogging as often..McGyver and I are so darn busy…We are helping our aunt get her husband into a nursing home…it is so hard. He is 92 years old and has dementia..He is in a wheelchair at a rehab place and really doesn’t understand what is going on..His wife is 100 years old and cannot take care of him at home anymore…and she is failing also…Dennis, I, a cousin and neighbors have been trying to get her up to see him as much as possible..Plus we have been making visits to Chicago for “moi”…It’s a trial just keeping the grass mowed!! I will try to be more diligent about posting blogs…

busyquote

One more thing…If you have’t read my blog previous to this one, please take a moment to go to my previous blog and scroll to the bottom video..turn up your sound and enjoy a small sample of our beautiful granddaughter’s fabulous voice as Cinderella..I’m still emotional about that performance!!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys are having quite a time over there ridin the rails in & out of Chicago. I've always like riding on a train but then again the rides were never medically related. If we don't hear from you before the surgery know that we send our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear you need to have surgery yet again!...hope this one goes well and you will be done with all the tests!!
    no need to apologize on not blogging..just live your life..and share when you have time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW--your granddaughter does have a beautiful voice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janna and Mike..she is a talented young lady..

      Delete
  4. that is very nice lovely shared with us keep update this blog
    desert Safari Dubai

    ReplyDelete