http://www.blogger.com/html?blogID=4316350785635987648 Cave Dwellings: Ok...I'm back..I hope!
Cave Dwellings

Buckhorn Creek, Lake O' The Pines, Jefferson, TX

Monday, June 15, 2015

Ok...I'm back..I hope!

Been having a little trouble with Blogger, but let's see if I have got this finally figured out! Not much has been terribly exciting here...unless you count the torrential downpours of rain lately...Honestly, I feel like we live in the Mississippi Delta (which isn't a bad idea, by the way)..Rain, rain and more rain!
Does anybody see my sista Maxine here???? I sure hope so, cause it's pretty much how I feel today!
I did manage to get an early morning walk in a few days ago. I walked through Sandwich about 6:30 AM and caught ol' Sol coming up through the humid haze...

You may have heard of me talk about my YaYas... These are my 3 bestest girlfriends, Lynda, Mary and Susan..We have known each other since our kids were little..and the oldest of these kids are now 45 years old!! Well, YaYa Mary got us all Xmas gifts this year which consisted of tickets to see Menopause, the Musical at a local theater in Aurora, IL. OMG...this was hysterical..and I believe it has been around for a few years..but as usual, I was late to the discover it!.. This was one of the best things I have seen in a long time. Best part, it was a matinee, only 1 1/2 hours long..AND...NO intermissions. The peeps that produced this know just about the length of time we "older ladies" can hold off a bathroom call!

 The venue was a small theater only holding 250 seats. As you can see, we were down almost front and center. .I managed to snag a photo before it started..They have NO sense of humor about photos in the theaters anymore..I know this because I almost got my camera confiscated when I went with my daughter, Terrie, and granddaughter, Taylor, to see Wicked in Chicago...tehee.

Here we are...Susan, Mary, Moi and Lynda..I have since decided I really don't have long enough arms to take selfies. Close ups of my face are NOT a strong point!!..hmmm..I might see a "selfie stick" in my future!
 Dennis and I managed to sneak in a quick "Happy Hour" by the campfire last week..before all the rain settled in...
(Please notice my very colorful socks...)
I do like my wine...and a good Rum and Coke now and then (mostly NOW!)...Actually, one of my YaYas, Susan , gave me a bottle of Rum for my 67th birthday...Kraken, Black Spiced Rum...

A bottle of Rum with an octopus called The Kraken on the label is just perfect for a crazy lady like myself. In case you can't read it, the label says "named for a sea beast of myth and legend..." Just great, right? .However..I haven't had the nerve to try it yet..Unlike my Admiral Nelson's Spiced Rum, which is 70 proof, this witch's/octopus brew is 90 PROOF!!! I might have to get my Bail Bondsman Card renewed before I tap this one!!!!!
 
OK... I'm gonna push "publish"...Lets see if this goofy blog magically actually show UP!!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats...your post published just fine...and a good one it is. Sure could use some of that rain here on Vancouver Island as we're experiencing drought conditions...it's bone dry.

    Gotta agree that bottle of sea beast Rum is perfect for you, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rick..Whew...I haven't tried Live Writer in a while..Since Blogger did come through for me, I will stick with it until they get their ducks in a row...Yes, I do believe that Rum could be a truth serum!

      Delete
  2. I can't remember the last time I saw a live show, but that one sounds like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG..Judy if you ever get the chance to go see it, do !!!!! Well worth it..lots of great music from OUR era and talented, funny women..Highly recommend it!

      Delete
  3. camp fire and rum and coke sounds perfect

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rum and I parted ways a long time ago after one night ashore on a cadet cruise. I still cannot stand the smell of the stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy a good Cuba Libre on occasion, but try to keep my cocktails to wine mostly.

      Delete